Student Services

  • D. Biggers

     Delma Biggers, Coordinator 252-358-8423

    The office of Student Services manages student residency issues as they relate to enrollment, zoning and release of students to other districts.  The department monitors and processes all enrollment, pre-kindergarten, afterschool programs, and other projects as assigned.
    What do I need to register my child when I move to Hertford County Public Schools?
    Registration requirements are located on the district web site at under the parent link. Information is included for new and transferring.
    May I transfer my child to a school out of zone?
    With the loss of teaching positions, transferring students out of zone is increasingly difficult. All requests received in writing are reviewed and in cases of medical or special educational services, consideration is given if possible.
    Will HCPS accept out of district students?
    Yes, HCPS is able to accept out of county tuition students. Employees that reside out of HCPS may bring their children to HCPS upon securing a release for their county of residence.
    Who may register a student in HCPS?
    Only the parent or legal guardian, as designated through family court, that is a legal resident of Hertford County may register a student in HCPS.
    Does HCPS accept students that are expelled from other school districts?
    No. Students must be readmitted and in good standing before they may return to public school.

    Important Forms

    2021-2022 Student Code of Conduct

    Educating students with Autism

    Diploma Change Request

    Speech Medicaid Form

    Authorization to Consent for Health Care

    Educational Residency Affadavit

    Home Language Survey

    Student Residency Questionaire

    Student Transfer form

    Student Records Request


    School Counseling Services

    Section 504