HERTFORD COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Procedures to Follow When Injured on School Property
What To Do:
- Report the work-related injury immediately. Tell your school designee or principal/assistant principal who will direct you to the school's Workers' Compensation designee.
- Do not stay at school after being injured and not report the injury. TELL SOMEONE in authority immediately.
- Do not go to your personal physician. Hertford County Public Schools has a physician identified to handle all of the district's workers' compensation injuries and claims.
- Do not go to the physician's office unannounced expecting to be seen without an appointment and without the appropriate workers' compensation paperwork.
- Do not give or show your insurance card at the doctor's office or emergency room. Please inform them that you will be filing a workers' compensation claim through your employer (Hertford County Public Schools). Have them call your school or Erica Holley at the Central Office for verification.
- Do not wait days, weeks, or months before reporting an injury. This will risk the possibility of the workers' compensation claim being denied.
- The designees who are responsible for completing all workers' compensation reports and paperwork at their site are listed below along with the person designed as the back-up contact should the main contact not be available.
Site Designees & Backups