Worker's Compensation

      Workers' Compensation

      Procedures to Follow When Injured on School Property

      What To Do:

      • Report the work-related injury immediately.  Tell your school designee or principal/assistant principal who will direct you to the school's Workers' Compensation designee.
      • Do not stay at school after being injured and not report the injury.  TELL SOMEONE in authority immediately.
      • Do not go to your personal physician.  Hertford County Public Schools has a physician identified to handle all of the district's workers' compensation injuries and claims.
      • Do not go to the physician's office unannounced expecting to be seen without an appointment and without the appropriate workers' compensation paperwork.
      • Do not give or show your insurance card at the doctor's office or emergency room.  Please inform them that you will be filing a workers' compensation claim through your employer (Hertford County Public Schools).  Have them call your school or Katie Fennell at the Central Office for verification.
      • Do not wait days, a week(s), or a month(s) before reporting an injury.  This will risk the possibility of the workers' compensation claim being denied.
      • The designees who are responsible for completing all workers' compensation reports and paperwork at their site are listed below along with the person designed as the back-up contact should the main contact not be available