New Student Enrollment
Students new to Hertford County Public Schools for traditional grades K-12 may now register online via the PowerSchool Online Enrollment Portal. Please ensure you have the required documents listed below available for upload or to be submitted in person.
New Student Online Registration Portal (English)
First-time users will need to create an account to begin the online
registration process. You will need an email address to create your account.
Proof of Residency (approved by HCPS)***
Primary REQUIRED Document
Secondary REQUIRED Document
At least ONE document from the list below must be submitted for address verification.
And must reflect the address provided for enrollment or change of address.
ONE of the documents from the list below MAY be submitted for additional address verification.
And must reflect the address provided for enrollment or change of address
- Copy of Lease Agreement (current year)
- Copy of Deed or current Mortgage Statement
- Current Rental Receipt (includes enrollment address)
- County Tax Receipt (current month)
- Copy of valid NC Driver’s License or North Carolina issued Photo Identification (may also be used for proof of residency if the address matches the primary document provided)
- Current Utility Bill (electricity, gas, or water)
- Certified Birth Certificate***
- Parent/Guardian Photo ID***
- Notarized Affidavit of Parent/Legal Guardian***
- Legal Custody Documents (if applicable)*
- Immunization Records^
- Health Assessment (Kindergarten or a first-time student in NC Public Schools; must be completed within 30 days of the date of enrollment)^
- Report Card (Grades 3-12)
- Transcript (Grades 9-12)
*** - Required upload or presented to school at the time of enrollment
* - Required upload or presented to school at the time of enrollment
^ - Failure to supply the requested information within 30 calendar days of attendance could result in suspension of the student until the information has been provided.
For more information or enrollment support, contact the school-level data manager, HS Registrar, or District Office SIS Coordinator.