• 1. How can I obtain experience credit as a certified employee?

    • Certified employees are granted experience credit for all verifiable and effective full-time public, private, charter, and college experience.
    • Upon completion of employee processing, experience credit is sent to the Department of Pblic Instruction through the online licensure system for eligibility verification.
    • Experience credit received and verified by DPI will receive retroactive payment based on the efective date of the license.
    • Link to access the online licensure system
    • It is important for employees to follow-up with their previous employers ensuring forms are completed in a timely manner. All Depending on the time of year, it can take up to 90 days to receive experience credit from previous employers.

    2. Does HCPS pay for advanced degrees?

    HCPS does not pay additional salary for advanced degrees unless the prgram began prior to 2013 and is approved by the Department of Public Instruction. The link below provides access to the state salary schedules.


    3. How can I become a Residency Licensed teacher?

    The first steps are to qualify for and obtain employment with an NC school system.