1. How can I obtain experience credit as a certified employee?
- Certified employees are granted experience credit for all verifiable and effective full-time public, private, charter, and college experience.
- Upon completion of employee processing, experience credit is sent to the NC Department of Public Instruction through the online licensure system for eligibility verification.
- Experience credit received and verified by DPI will receive retroactive payment based on the effective date of the license.
- You may access the online licensure system here.
- It is important for employees to follow-up with their previous employers, ensuring forms are completed in a timely manner. Depending on the time of year, it can take up to 90 days to receive experience credit from previous employers.
2. Does HCPS pay for advanced degrees?
HCPS does not pay additional salary for advanced degrees unless the program began prior to 2013 and is approved by the Department of Public Instruction. The link below provides access to the state salary schedules.
3. How can I become a Residency Licensed teacher?
The first steps are to qualify for and obtain employment with an NC school system.
4. What happens after I submit my application?
You will receive an email confirmation of your application submission. All applications are reviewed and screened. Candidates who best meet the position requirement will be contacted by the Principal orHiring Supervisor.
5. Will I be contacted for a job interview?
Principals or a Department Supervisor will contact the candidates they are interested in interviewing.
6. I submitted an application, but have not heard back yet. Who should I contact?
Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond personally to all applicants. Should your qualifications match a staffing need, you will be directly contacted.
7. Can I apply via email, fax, mail, or by directly contacting the Human Resources department?
HCPS only accepts applications submitted through the online application system. The advantages of an online application system benefit both the applicants and the school system. The online application system provides more options for applicants and more timely updates to job postings.
8. How frequently do you update job postings?
We update job postings as positions become available. At our busiest time of the year, this can happen on a daily basis.
9. A job has been posted for a number of months. Is it still open?
If a position is on the website, it is still open and the Principal/Hiring Supervisor is still seeking candidates.
10. Do jobs remain posted after the position has been filled?
Postings are removed once a job has been filled with a board-approved candidate.
11. Can I update an application, once it has been submitted?
Yes, you will be able to log back in and make changes to your profile information at any time.